Re: [LUG] Data centre in Cornwall

Simon Waters wrote:
>> That said, I'm sure there's a very big market for people who are very
>> happy with 99% uptime
> Come have a web server that is down 3.5 days a year isn't a good sales
> pitch.

So you don't say that :)

My point is that not everyone needs 100% and all the extra costs
required for that. Personal websites, placeholders, community servers,
assistance servers, backup servers etc etc. Things were downtime is an
annoyance, not a disaster.

Would I pay two or three times as much for 100% instead of 99%? Maybe,
maybe not, depends on the job. (Especially when 100% uptime contracts
generally have small print guaranteeing nothing close to 100% :) )

--
Simon Avery