Re: [LUG] Using Vim / Meeting

Henry Bremridge wrote:

> If it is the same then available as a simple file at
> http://www.moolenaar.net/habits.html

Nope it is vim tips 2.0 - same except for the new stuff.

I'm pitifully bad at using vim.

I think it is because learning a text editor is inherently boring, even
if it is useful.

Also I need the material in small chunks, and repeatedly, till it is a
habit.

He could make converts, I think I need to make "vim" the editor for more
stuff, so I don't have to switch editing style between applications, and
I get more chance of making new habits stick.

He skips over breaking old habits - which I also need to do. I know I
don't need to leave stray i's around, but I forgot the improved method
before I'd made it a habit.

vi tips are one of the most common reason people hit DCGLUG website -
weird...

 Simon

:wq