Re: [LUG] Foxconn boards BIOS affects Linux ACPI

Keith Abraham wrote:
> Anyone else been following this thread. Worth reading most
> of it before making up your mind.

> I does appear as if Foxconn has been making sure that
> Linux will be unstable on at least one of their motherboards.
>
> Linux has always had trouble with ACPI so I wonder does this
> point to the reason why?
>
> Keith

Not seen this thread myself, but I understand that the Ei System 1201
(here http://tinyurl.com/54uzpo) at PC World and Currys at £279 also has
ACPI problems with Linux and requires things like ACPI turning off to
run Linux.

Not sure if it's a similar problem, but from what I've read (here -
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5224540 and here -
http://browncoatcat.wordpress.com/2008/06/20/laptop-update-2) it won't
work very well and PC World won't accept it back.

I was going to get one of these notebooks too until I read this.

Rob