Re: [LUG] Radio Times

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 08:44 +0100, peter wrote:
Hi

I was glancing at "All your TV and Radio Questions...Answered" in the
above publication (12 - 18 July)(sad person!).

A reader was (quite rightly) bemoaning the fact that a programme had
been delayed 40 minutes due to Bl..dy Wimbledon, so his recorder missed
it.

A BBC spokesman "pompously" replied "dah dah dah ...Anyone whose video
recorder missed the start could see the drama on BBC iPlayer for the
rest of the week".

Surely to do so requires a broadband connection, and a windows operating
system?

Also

http://www.minionsbandb.co.uk/images/Screenshot-1.png
gets you classic FM playing through Mplayer
Perhaps someone more eloquent than my self could pen a (light hearted)
reply (If I am correct).

By the way I have written a email to Classic FM in the past, praising
their programme, but complaining I could not listen with Linux.  I got
the standard automated reply (our engineers will get back to you in the
next few days) then.... silence.

All the best

Peter L-J

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
Po House, Minions, Liskeard Cornwall PL14 5LE
01579363386