Re: [LUG] Viglen box

On Friday 11 July 2008 21:48, Rob Beard wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
> > On Friday 11 July 2008 09:40, Tom Potts wrote:
> >> Has anyone tried the MPC-L:
> >> http://www.viglen.co.uk/webmail/5star-offers.html
> >>
> >> I think I'm going to get one to act as an everything server -
> >> mail/proxy/nas (with extra USB HD)/ubuntu update proxy/print server etc
> >> and was wondering if anyone else has tried one yet?
> >> Tom te tom te tom
> >
> > Oh and can anyone recommend a UPS to go with it - ie one that can run the
> > viglen, a wireless router and NAS box?
> > Tom te tom te tom te two
>
> How long do you want the UPS to power it all for?
I'm looking for something to keep the above (20W??) up for an hour or two:
I'm having trouble finding a low power one from anywhere that the spec makes
any sense - lots of 350VA or 200W but no real indication of capacity (AH)
The ebuyer you mention below says it uses a 12V 4.5 Ah battery but thats no
real indication of what it can deliver for 20W load. Most seem to be designed
to allow you to power down safely rather that run for a while.
Also the sealed 12v 4.5AH batteries in seem to be atrocious and only last a
couple of years if your lucky.
Anything I can stick onto my own battery? !Thats something to add to the
open-inverter project!
Tom te tom te tom