Re: [LUG] Wow Look at this

kevin wrote:
> Simon Can I ask .....
> Do you know of a situation where an NTL user having Zone alarm installed
> (but didnt know why or how to use it), could have suddenly an error with
> SMTP? He now has a permanent error being rejected by smtp.ntl.com form
> his XP machine. Thunderbird Outlook and OutlookExpress are all
> affected.
> If I use another ntl customer's machine and his ntl account all is ok?
> is this related or just coincidence?

Just to clarify - it should be smtp.ntlworld.com not smtp.ntl.com -
AFAIK the latter doesn't exist, or is certainly not customer facing.

Also when I worked for ntl: they used faked DNS servers 194.168.4.100
and 194.168.8.100 in front of the actual DNS servers whose IPs I can't
actually recall atm [1].  Do they still use those, or have they swapped
for Telewest DNS servers?  From a customer point of view the DNS servers
are still the same.

BTW I'm on VM cable using ZA over Winblows with no problems and the smtp
server connection seems OK in Wales.  May be a local issue?

Kind regards,

Julian

[1] I think the same IPs just ending in 220 not 100.