Re: [LUG] Linux Workshops, Public Liability Insurance and Pat Testing

tom wrote:

<snip>

> So my questions for today are :-
>
> Do we want to organise and run GNU/Linux Workshop events in Devon &
> Cornwall ?

I'd say so :-)

> Do we have the volume of interest sufficient to warrant obtaining our
> own Public Liability insurance ?

I'd say it's worth looking into.

> If so, does anyone in the group have experience in obtaining pubic
> liability insurance ?

Nope, none at all at the moment.  It's something that we could look into.

> Is anyone in the group a certified PAT tester ?

I've dropped an e-mail to my boss about it.  I spoke to a colleague of
mine who was going through a PAT testing training course, not sure if
he's completed it or not but as my company have the training material
I'm sure it wouldn't cost much just to pay for an exam.

> Do we want to contribute to obtaining public liability insurance for
> DCGLUG  so that we can hold such events ?

Personally I think it's a good idea.  There's a few places we could hold
events where we may be covered under the existing Public Liability
insurance but it would also be good to be able to hold events elsewhere
such as events in the area.

Rob