Re: [LUG] I want one of these!!!

Quoting Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx>:
<snip>
> That looks neat,  a 7 hour battery life would be great for any
> transatlantic flights too,

Yep, it doesn't say how much the 7 hour (6 cell) battery is as it's
not supplied as standard, but still, even the standard battery can
manage up to 3 hours (or about 2 if you go for the higher cost version
with an 80GB hard drive and XP installed).

Going on what spec is listed on The Register and by the Crucial.com
prices, another 512MB would cost less than a tenner, another 2GB about
£30 and 4GB about £70.  I'm sure sure if it would support dual channel
memory, in which case 2 x 1GB DIMMS would cost about £30 although
you'd loose the 512MB DIMM.

So for about £250 say, you'd be able to get a pretty good little
machine for mobile web browsing and media.  I dare say it would
struggle with HD video, but I'm sure it would be fine for playing DVDs
(ripped to a memory card).

Rob