Re: [LUG] KDE 4.1 Beta released today

Quoting martin.gautier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

<snip>

> I think I'll be waiting for the full release and Kubuntu packages myself.
>
> I recently migrated my Hardy Heron to KDE 4.0 and am not entirely happy.
> KDE 4.0 and Plasma look very nice and have a lot of potential but I find
> it isn't polished enough for me to enjoy using it - too many work-arounds
> and fiddles for my liking, and it's still a little buggy.
>
>> From what I've read, it WILL improve so yes, I will be upgrading, but not
> to 4.1 beta
>
> I just need to swap out my rubbish SiS video card for decent one that can
> do the fluffy compiz bits...

I must admit, I've never really got on with KDE, I've always preferred
Gnome.  I did use KDE for quite a while with Suse 9.2 and then 9.3 but
settled on Ubuntu.  After playing with KDE 4.0 though, I'm looking
forward to giving this a try.  Maybe with all this fancy new polish
they've put in there I may be convinced to switch to KDE (probably
Kubuntu though rather than OpenSUSE).

No doubt they'll be some live CD's released over the next few days,
I'll download one and give it a try at work.

Rob