Re: [LUG] does my mail arrive?

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 19:24 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Wed, 21 May 2008 18:35:29 +0100
> Ray Smith <rjsmith@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Ray,
>
> > it behaves no different to any other pop/email system to the end user.
>
> Of course it does;  It deletes ones own returned posts to mailing
> lists.  I agree that, in *many* respects, it's the same as email, but
> one difference is enough to make it not exactly equal to email.  It
> merely _approximates_ to email.
>
> You may think I'm splitting hairs.  That is, of course, your
> prerogative.

Not at all.
But as I think I mentioned in earlier post I use recent mode.
I get my own posts as well. And I subscribe to several mailing lists.
The posts aren't deleted just not downloaded otherwise. All mail can be
set to be archived to posts going back goodness knows how long can still
be retrieved from the web interface.
I admit though that before I knew about recent mode I had wondered why
my own posts didn't seem to show up , even though I could see it had
arrived by logging into the web interface.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs by thinking that if something uses standard
protocols then it's the same thing :)

Ray