Re: [LUG] New group advocates for FOSS in libraries

On Tuesday 20 May 2008 16:34, Dave Berkeley wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 May 2008 16:18:19 Neil Stone wrote:
> > Dave Berkeley wrote:
> > > 'A new advocacy group, the Public Software Foundation (PSF), is working
> > > to make free and open source software available to local libraries so
> > > it can be checked out and used just like a book or video. The premise
> > > is simple: hand out one CD and maybe you've taught one person; make it
> > > available in a library and perhaps you'll reach hundreds or thousands.'

> > Do you have any more info on this ? Sounds like a great idea..
>
> Sorry, forgot to include the link
>
> http://www.linux.com/feature/134393
Seems to be US based.
A bit easier there as their local government is a bit more 'open' as in close
to the electorate.
I've given books to my local library that dissappear into a black hole
somewhere - never on the shelves in the library I donated them anyhow!

I'd like to be able to stick a FLOSS PC in there but .....
Tom te tom te tom