Re: [LUG] Low powered SMALL linux box for £99

http://www.viglen.co.uk/viglen/Products_Services/Product_Range/Product_file.aspx?eCode=XUBUMBCL&Type_Info=Description&Type=Desktops&GUID=22166764417

>>> I think this might be exactly what a fair few of us are looking for.
It

>>> doesn't say exacly what spec it is but it does have a 40GB hard drive,
4

>>> x USB2 ports and it comes preinstalled with Xubuntu.  I can only
assume
>>> it has something like an AMD Geode or VIA C7 CPU in there.
>
> I couldn't see anything about RAM in the spec. Anyone spot it?
>
> I'll give them a call in the morning...
>
> Martin

No they're a bit vague about the specs.  It would be interesting to know
what memory and CPU it has.  I got the price slightly wrong too, it's
£99 plus VAT and delivery, so no doubt closer to £130.

Rob

--

So here's the missing detail from Viglen:

You can have a 40Gb HD but there's an 80Gb upgrade option for free (no, I
don't get it either).

It ships with 256Mb RAM upgradeable to 512Mb for £24.50

12 months onsite support is included free but extra support options are
available.

Delivery is next-day by courier for £20.

My quote seemed to include a [free] USB mouse (which I didn't ask for so
not sure what's going on there).

Total price ex-VAT £143.50 (inc. VAT £168.62)

They will take credit cards and cheques.

Martin