[LUG] Freeguide- xmltv problem.

hi all.
Bit of an oddity with freeguid today. I have used this in the past and
have tried installing it today on hardy heron ubuntu 8.04

Seems to work but never completes downloading the listings file for the
uk server.
Eventually after about 1 1/2 hours I gave up and then restarted. It then
complained it needed to download the lsitings for missing channels.
when giving it the go ahead it complains the config file cannot be
found.
freeguide sets up a config file in a freeguid and an xmltv directory. It
wants to read the channels from the conf file uk_rt-conf which doesn't
get created.. However running the configure command produces a
tv_grab_uk_rt.conf file. I selected ALL for the channels figuring I
could create a custom channel set after.

Problem is that even after renaming this to uk_rt-conf which it expects
to find and then letting it update, it downloads thousands of listings
for the next 7 days & I assume the complete range of channels but I only
have 80 channels afterwards in the guide.
The first time wizard reports that radio times carries 280 or so
channels (including radio and extra timeshifted channels, chan4+1 etc)
so where are they ?

anyone have any idea of what might be going on.
Alternatively does anyone have a full uk xmltv channel set I could
import that they wouldn't mind mailing me off list please ?

Ray.