Re: [LUG] courses at brixham college - course idea

Paul Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> I picked up a flyer today for brixham college adult education courses,
> from september they are running courses at the community learning suit
> at Churston Grammar school and have asked for ideas,  for courses.
>
> This is an IDEAL opportunity to ask for linux based courses AND link to
> course materials,  I was thinking about the ubuntu course, partly as the
> teacher and student books are already written for this.
>
> it says to pick up a flyer from churston library or galmpton GPO,  but
> as this is some distance from me, I have e-mailed them to ask if I can
> send in requests via e-mail.
>
> 1.  Does anyone live in that area and can they perhaps pick up a few
> flyers please, we can then meet up one weekend, fill in the flyers and
> send off.
>
> If we are going to suggest this,  we should perhaps offer our expertise
> and at least help them do these courses,  even if its voluntary,  unless
> someone is suitably qualified (not me) to lead such sessions.
>
> 2. What do people think to this.
>
> We need to show a united front,   put aside our opinions on ubuntu and
> other distros.
>
> Anyone interested.  If enough of us,  put in a request,  then they make
> take Linux / OSS seriously.
> Anyone willing to perhaps have a meet with them,  (evening perhaps ) and
> put our case to them on this one. ? Its worth suggesting I think as its hard
> to do things via e-mail, phone,  but a good presentation with plenty of
> support from the LUG we could pull this off adn get something in Torbay
> at least.
>
> I just need to find a link to those course materials,
>
> Paul

I was thinking of this course

http://www.ubuntu.com/training/desktop

I found 2 pdfs 1 for student and one for instructor and am trying to
find where to download them from,

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug