Re: [LUG] Museum of computing on The Register

Quoting Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Rob Beard wrote:
>> Just seen this on The Register...
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/31/uk_computing_museum_evicted/
>>
>> I've posted a comment about the Ubuntu Demo Day.  I really do hope that
>> it doesn't close down and that it can find a new home.  If I had a empty
>> building that I could provide I'd happily provide space for the
>> exhibits, unfortunately my garage isn't big enough.
>>
>> Dianne, have you spoken to the newspapers, and the local radio stations?
>>
>> Rob
>>

> If it does close surely it should move to totnes,  birthplace of Mr
> charles babbage the father of computers, and his wife after whom ada
> (programming language )was named.
>
> Paul

Supposidly his birthplace is actually under dispute, what I do know is
he had links with Teignmouth.

However.....

There is an issue with location, they would need somewhere to store
and exhibit the machines.  Unless someone has anywhere they could
provide for free then it looks unlikely.  They are currently located
at the Swindon Campus of the University of Bath, so it seems to me
that it would be something that maybe a University would be interested
in (or a council).  I'm not sure though if some of the staff there are
full time staff or if they are all volounteers.

Rob