Re: [LUG] spamhaus problem

Hi stinga,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 01:38:17PM +0000, stinga wrote:
> I need to 'whitelist' a block of IP's that are listed in
> spamhaus's PBL, these are IP's are listed for good reason, they
> are dynamic, but we need to allow email from them and take the
> risk of spam.
>
> I don't want to loose the spamhaus filtering as it works really well for us.
>
> Does anybody have any solution?

I would suggest checking a whitelist at RCPT time and then if not
whiteliosted, do DNSBL checks such as spamhaus.

The specifics depends upon which MTA you use, but this is easy to
configure in Exim and Postfix.

You need to have a whitelist as DNSBLs will sometimes be wrong.
Also it is required by RFC to have a working postmaster and abuse
address, which is why you need to defer DNSBL check 'til RCPT time
so that you can allow mail to those addresses even if it's listed on
DNSBLS.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB