Re: [LUG] OT: Telly signal quality

On Friday 14 March 2008 07:36, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 20:36:54 +0000
> David Bell <grimpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello David,
>
> > superb quality picture - rarely watched due to the brain-dead
> > programme content most of the time :(
>
> That's the problem;  With more channels, but the same number of
> advertisers to pay for it all, the jam gets spread thinner.   :-(
Nothing to be unhappy about there - adverts were once worth watching. However
I would hazard a guess that the more channels there are the less likely you
are to watch adverts as you will be more likely to see what else is on. I
think ITV/C4 tried to sync there advertising to avoid this and some
'syndicates' seem to try but I haven't been told how inadequate my lifestyle
is since we got digital.
I am fairly certain now however that the Cubans are some of the happiest
people on earth because they arn't told how much they're missing out on the
latest barbie doll accessory at every available opportunity.
Yes I know thats two seemingly mutually exclusive argument but hey..
Tom te tom te tom