Re: [LUG] Ubuntu on Acer Aspire 3000

<http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/hosted/acer-aspire-3000-ubuntu-gutsy.html>

> Sorry for the long delay in responding! I have since managed to
> install kubuntu but when I rebooted it failed to load again citing a
> problem: Error 15: File not found. This happens whether I boot in main
> or recovery.
>
> I am currently trying to install ubuntu. However, there seems to be a
> problem with a driver for Broadcom 43xx and also it is failing and
> leaving this message:
> EIP: [<c017cc7c>] kmem_cache_alloc+0x4c/0x90 SS:ESP 0068:cf8bdef4
> --
> Kind regards
> Rich

It may well be that the GRUB menu entry is pointing to the wrong place.
I've had this before with installers using a different kernel to the system
trying to boot.

In a nutshell, in my case, the installer I used loaded SATA harddrives as
/dev/hdX.  The kernel in question, however, referred to SATA drives as
/dev/sdX.

It might be worth looking at what your bootloader is trying to load and
seeing if this is what you'd expect.

Grant.