Re: [LUG] avoiding the evil empire

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 09:38:00AM +0000, Tom Potts wrote:
> In case M$ get a share of Yahoo I was playing with google mail.
> It seems to be the worst, slowest online mail system ever.
> I want a free globally available online mail  - any suggestions?

That's not my experience, but hey ho.

If you want total control over your mail then the best thing to do is
install your own server. I have my mail server on a virtual server provided
by bitfolk. I use exim4, greylisting and spamassassin to control the spam.
In addition I make my mail available over imap and pop3, and have a couple
of web based mail systems (squirrelmail and roundcube) for when I am
away from the office.

Very liberating not using Yahoo/MSN/GMail for mail.

Cheers,
Al.