Re: [LUG] Synergy...

Grant Sewell wrote:
> Whilst I'm in LUG mode, I thought I'd drop a line to heartily recommend
> a piece of software...
>
> SYNERGY!
>
> It's a server/client tool that allows the keyboard and mouse on the
> server to be shared over the network to the clients.  I currently have
> my desktop's keyboard and mouse being shared to my laptop.  My
> configuration says "laptop to the left of desktop, desktop to the right
> of laptop".  I run the synergys tool (server) on the desktop, then
> synergyc tool (client) on the laptop, et viola when I move the mouse
> off the left edge of the desktop machine it appears on the right edge
> of the laptops, and vice versa.
>
> I can't recommend this highly enough.  It's ace.

I've been using this sort of thing for ages and it's supremely useful.

I'm still using x2x at the moment because synergy is a bit irritating in
that it unfocuses windows in the slave screen when you move back into
the primary. I always find it useful to be able to use my laptop's (the
slave) keyboard to press one key or scroll or something if I want to.

Might submit a bug report for that or hack it a bit because synergy is
also usable with windows (x2vnc is too slow).

Could do with copy-and-paste support - last time I tried synergy's
didn't work and x2x just doesn't have it. I currently use netcat, but it
is a bit long-winded.

Would be awesome if someone could figure out a way of hooking this sort
of thing into xmove so we could drag windows across the screens.