Re: [LUG] ms office, openoffice and vista

CHRISTOPHER BERRY wrote:
My computer went down in January - it was 8 months old - Tech Guys failed to repair it in the allotted 6 weeks AND so last Monday I received a brand new replacement in Vista, of course, AND Vista is still a pain.
I'm using it at the moment with Oo and MS Works and they sit happily together - no probs from them!
Before I'm lynched I have Mandriva 2008 on an Advent T11 and that is working splendidly.
How much longer will I be able to put up with the latest Vista? Not long!!!
I was told 'It's much better you know!'
But it ain't really!
Cheers,
Grandad Bee.

Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I just wondered if MS office and Openoffice can co-exist on te same
system running vista, having openoffice on the system, will make my
life easier as I use that at home and have club related files in that
format.

If they can co-exist then it will make life much easier.

Thanks

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org, http:///www.openoffice.org

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug

I would install MS Office  first, then Open Office and let Open Office Set the File Association's as you need them
--
Regards: Kevin Lucas Post Master (Sub) Minions Shop & Tea Rooms Minions Liskeard Cornwall PL14 5LE www.minionsbandb.co.uk