Re: [LUG] IRC server

Tom Potts wrote:
> Any ideas on setting up an IRC server - just for my local network?
> I think I've got KDENetwork but cant find any docs on how to set it up.

You need an ircd running on a server - clients then connect to that.

They can be tricky to setup as they tend to be evolved software, but a
quick check of etch's repository shows Debian packages for dancer-ircd,
ircd-hybrid, ircd-irc2, ircd-ircu and ngircd

I don't have a particular recommendation I'm afraid. Have used hybrid,
but it was a long time ago.

--
Simon Avery