From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of stinga
Sent: 28 February 2008 08:03
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Asterisk - call forwarding (Was: asterisk meeting)

On 27/02/08 21:25:24, sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi
>
> we are currently using Diguim 410p PCI with hardware echo cancelling
> which
> plugs into 2 * ISDN 2e boxes.
>
> the phones are Cisco 941/921 models
>
> all plugged into a separate switch Netgear GS924T 1GB ports
>
> we have 20 DDI's
>
> When a DDI call comes in and the phone has call forwarding enabled
> then alls
> well.
> The problem I have is when the main phone number has been used and
> some of
> the phones have call forwarding enabled the caller gets forwarded
> around
> into a loop due to all phone are set-up to receive the main no.
>
> How would you query the phone using asterisk?
>  the phone handles voice mail etc OK

G'day all,

I am not sure that * asterisk differentiates between a 'Main' number
and a DDI number on ISDN (Maybe it does though)
If this is correct then the problem is in your dial plan.

Lets take a simple example...

not OK <main #> --->  <*> ---> <phone>
OK     <DDI>    --->  <*> ---> <phone>

You don't say where the call forward is going and I am not sure if the
phone is call forwarding or * is doing it in the dial plan.

I don't know how you would query the phone off hand, but if the phone
is doing the forwarding then that would be the only way to find out.

I also don't understand your voicemail comment, are you not using *'s
voicemail?

Cisco 941, are these the linksys phones?
What firmware are you using?

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\
18:32

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
18:32