Re: [LUG] Asus eeePC

I would imagine the Eee would auto mount the SD card or usb drive somewhere on the file system

maybe /mnt/

then all you have to do is write the file to whatever directory you wish

e.g.

let's say your OS had decided to call your sd drive /dev/sda1 (first scsi drive)
and assuming you have a directory in your /mnt/ directory called /scsi

if your OS auto mounted the device there then you can simply write your files to /mnt/scsi

Does that help ?

Steph

I am still unclear about how to file documents to my 4 gig SD card or 1
gig USB drive. Is there an easy way like in Windows XP where when I
"save as" get the option to save to an external drive?

John