Re: [LUG] OT: What the ....

Related to this, I have been having problems with DVD burning and reading
using K3b.  I backed up 3 DVDs of data from my old windows installation
before consigning it to the bin.  I checked before binning that there were
files on the DVDs.  When I came to read them I got "file invalid" or some
such and my heart sank.  However, I had had this with some old backup CDs and
accidentally found out that if I rebooted, miraculously the files were
readable.  This worked again.  I don't know if it has to do with Fat32 file
system, but something is happening to the system over the course of the days
play (sorry, work).  These were also mostly Verbatim disks which I've always
found very reliable.  In fact I've never had any problems even with the
cheapies.

BTW, I find it very difficult to get floppies to work now.  Even formatting
and writing to newish disks.  Well OK, they must be 10 years old.  Maybe the
ferrous material really does deteriorate.

George