Re: [LUG] Helping newbies

On Friday 15 February 2008 09:03, Clare Shepherd wrote:

> Since I find myself in the newbie position, what do folk suggest as
> an introductory magazine. I've used MS, from way back, and several
> flavours of Mac, from 7.1 to OS X. The LUG is great, but I'm greedy. LOL

I wouldn't recommend magazines as a source of learning for the tyro and IMHO
they are expensive for what you get.  There are plenty of books on the
subject available at decent booksellers for about the price of 2 or 3 Linux
magazines, depending on what you want.

I found the, "Linux in 24 Hours" series quite good but I don't know if a
Debian based one has been published.

--
W. Devon