Re: [LUG] Book: Beginning Ubuntu Linux

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 17:22:25 +0000, Steph Foster wrote:

> Ah yes, thats the demo of WifiZoo on the beta of BackTrack 3
>
> It's really not WEP's fault , it was based on the RC4 cipher by Ron
> Rivest (of RSA fame)
> RC4 has it's faults as they all are found to do in time
>
> I'm reasonably happy with having WPA2 protection on my router for the
> time being and anyway its only the other half's laptop, I'm on Cat 5
> utp.  *laughs*
>
> I'll stick with nice long DiceWare generated passwords and so long as no
> one has time and storage enough to generate rainbow tables for 20
> character passwords I won't worry too much
>
> *thinks* using alpha numerics with no lower case or special characters
> thats 36 to the power of 20 !!
>
> I'm sure that is likely chicken feed to GCHQ or the NSA but perhaps a
> tadge much for the usual script kiddy to bother with
>

> Steph

I don't even bother with that.  My WiFi connection at home has no WEP or
WPA on it - but it is filtered by MAC address.  Besides, it's inside the
building and the building has 6ft thick granite walls, and we're about 20
meters away from the road.  If anyone's going to be trying to get into my
wireless network at home, I'd most likely see them in person and invite
them in for a cuppa. :D

Grant.