Re: [LUG] Helping newbies

> I would be interested to hear any comments from anyone?
>
> Neil Winchurst

I am happy to help where I can, try and direct people to the mailing
list so I can help off site,   and perhaps the irc channel for help
also.  In some cases I get bogged down with a question,  and can't help
people,  and therefore need help from the lug to give the issue that
little push toward the solved end.  this can take weeks to set up,   by
which time the end user may have gone back to  windows.

Rob and Neil are both working on Venues,   for meetings,  once sorted we
should be able to run things like install days,  lug meets, etc etc,
and have people bring computers along,  for members to look at,  and try
and fix,   i find this works far far better if you can see the
computer,  as people don't have to worry about trying to copy a long
winded error message from say console window to a mail client,

Once this is set up,  we can hopefullly hold reguar meetings,  where we
can also work on projects,   as working at home you can't really bounce
ideas of each other,  in the same way you can face to face.

The main issue is we are spread over a huge area.

Paul