Re: [LUG] Windows Vista

Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I'm glad I like Apple's - Steve Jobs would fire any approach like this:
>
> Initially heard about this via DaringFireball... apparently literally
> EVERYTHING about Vista is designed to be unintuitive, including the
> retail box!!
>
> Direct from Microsoft's very own website-
> Windows Help and How-To:
> "Opening the Windows Vista box"
> <http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/2e680b8d-211e-41c5-a0bf-9ccc6d7e62a21033.mspx>
>
> Good grief!  Can you imagine what Steve Jobs would do to an employee
> who presented him with a retail box design that required an
> illustrated guide in order to open it??

For once I will commend microsoft for this,

1. their boxes are harder to open then those of their rivals
2. you need a step by step guide to open the box,  which could imply you
think your customers are rather stupid
3. or that the potential customers are criminals and may try and steal
your software.  which given no one wants to actually buy it,  they are
hardly going to buy stolen copies,  for the same reasons.

Keep up the good work,  your rivals, will use this to market their
products as easier to use before you even get them out of the packaging.

I wonder if they have taken out a patent on user guides to open software
packaging.

paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug