Re: [LUG] Virtual machines/VirtualBox

viv wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 11:47 +0000, Grant Sewell wrote:
>> Careful... you'll end up doing what I did!
>>
>> 1 PC, 3 harddrives + 1 DVD drive, 8 OSs:
>>
>> 1 x Mandrake Linux 9.1
>> 1 x Mandrake Linux 10
>> 1 x Slackware (I forget the version)
>> 1 x Debian Progeny
>> 1 x FreeBSD
>> 1 x QNX
>> 1 x OpenBSD
>> 1 x Win2000
>>
> I know what you mean. Apart from Windows, I have Vector Linux and GOS
> installed virtually. However, I never seem to get around to doing the
> intended testing and evaluation of them.

For some random reason I once had Mandrake, Slackware, LFS, DOS 6.22,
Win98 and WinXP booting on my laptop. It must have been one of those
"because I can" moments, because I can't for the life of me see any
other reason for doing something quite so mad. The reason for DOS was to
run the many old games I have, but I seem to remember having so much
trouble with it in the end that I tried dosemu/dosbox in Linux and
wondered why I hadn't done it that way before.