Re: [LUG] Forum on things open source

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 18:16 +0000, aaronmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Posted by "Tom Moore" <aaronmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Hi All
> I posted this a day or so ago but got no respos. May be the subject put people
> off, so here it is for the last time under a new heading.
>
> I am organising an event at
> Tremough, University College Falmouth, on Sustainable Design on Feb
> 15th.  Now although sustainable design may be a bit off topic, one of
> the themes I hope to explore is Open or Collaborative
> Design, Adrian Bowyer of RepRap will be one of the speakers. Details
> can be seen here www.rane-research.org/InTransition.
>
> First of all, everyone is welcome, especially those more
> knowledgeable on open source development than I (Probably all of you),
>
> Second, It might be a good opportunity to demonstrate some open
> source technology, even to run the powerpoint presentations through
> linux.  I don't have enough confidence in my linux skills to do this
> but If anyone else thinks they are up to it let me know.
>
> Looking forward to any response
> Best wishes
> Aaron
> --
Hi Aaron,

If you can use PowerPoint, you shouldn't have any problem with Impress.
I created an Impress presentation from scratch recently, for the Linux
Event at Penzance. This was my first time of using it and (if you will
excuse the pun) I really was very impressed.

The functionality is great and, imho, superior to Powerpoint. By
installing Windows open office, you can run your presentation on a
Windows machine, if required. I found it quite easy to use.

If not too large, I would be happy to convert your presentation to
Impress for you.

regards

Viv