Re: [LUG] PCLinuxOS Was: Some small linux's briefly reviewed

On Tuesday 15 January 2008 15:17, viv wrote:

> We have tried countless Linux distros on our little sub notebook and
> they all run very slowly (or not at all). PCLinuxOS 2007 (as recommended
> to me by Grandpa B at the Penzance event) is now installed and running
> very well on it. I installed it on our big laptop previously and must
> say that I am very impressed with it to the extent that it may woo me
> away from Kubuntu. Thanks Grandpa B !

I found 2 problems with it. The first was that on my box GRUB recognised the
(regretable) existence of XP -  but not Etch. Secondly, KMail seemed unstable
when auto and manually checking more than one POP account and often froze.
Being a cold wet day with nothing else to do, three installs plus updates
didn't cure anything.

Not complaining, as I know I can always rely on either "good ol' Etch" or
<ducks quickly>; Kbuntu on my MacBook instead :)

--
W. Devon