Re: [LUG] Pentium 100 laptop

Alan Pope wrote:

> Much easier IMO than faffing with floppies (does anyone still use them? :)
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

I do sometimes.  I had to use a floppy on an old machine which Xubuntu
wouldn't boot on only last week.  Luckily I still had some old floppies
lying around from about 10 years ago.  It had bad sectors but was enough
for Smart Boot Manager.

I'd say though the IDE adaptor (2.5" to 3.5" IDE adaptor) idea or a 2.5"
IDE to USB case is probably the easiest way of doing it and handy to
have around for recovering data off faulty laptops.

Rob