Re: [LUG] CCC Computer refurbishment

In short

- We have an established base
- We do not want to change
- We are not prepared to conduct a detailed cost-benefit analysis

The example of Penwith is IMHO a red herring: they seem to be having problems
because the rest of the SW does not want to change.

Regarding the microsoft office costs vs open office costs: I would like to see the
detailed calculation

- For open office there is a, substantial, conversion fee but thereafter all data is
available. The linux is a non-issue: open office runs on windows.
- For MS there is an ongoing PERPETUAL license fee to be paid.
- For MS, other users have to have MS products

--
Henry
Mon Jan  7 18:01:37 GMT 2008