Re: [LUG] Speaker on Open Source, OT?

Adrian Bowyer from Bristol University is hopefully going to do a presentation.  He
is working on an
open source rapid prototype/replicating machine a bit like a 3D printer.  His aim is
to make a desk top
manufacturing system at very low cost.  He seems like a live wire so it should be
interesting.

The event is going to be held on 15th Feb at Tremough campus Falmouth.  The emphasis
will be on eco
design in Cornwall but my interest is exploring the possibilities of 'open' design.
Anyone from the
lug will be welcome if not encouraged.  I will post more info soon,
Happy new year to all
Aaron