Re: [LUG] Ubuntu on Acer Aspire 3000

>> I am trying to install Ubuntu 7.10 on an Acer Aspire 3000, however
after loading all the drivers it just hangs - blank screen - nothing.

My default Kubuntu 7.10 install would boot leaving a blank screen for some
time before KDE started and I got the kde_greet login box. The only way I
knew something was happening was to watch the HD light flickering. I've
now edited my Grub menu.lst to show startup and shutdown progress.

Do you get the Grub loader on booting? After POST, you should get a blank
screen with the Grub loader counting down from 3 -> 0 with an option to
escape into the grub menu. If you can get that far, does the "Recovery"
menu option work?

How did you install? From a Live CD? Does the Live CD boot into Ubuntu? If
so, you might be able to glean something from the logs on the hard-drive
install (/var/logs)

Mart