[LUG] networked IT at Basildon and Thurrock

Dear all
I was interested in discovering more about http://www.snplc.com/ who are
involved in the networked IT at
http://www.itpro.co.uk/news/148032/networked-it-at-centre-of-essex-health-trust.html
to find out what OSs it might have at the centre of it all. I couldn't
find more than generalities. Can anyone dig deeper?

Given the review of data security, I wonder what input GNU/Linux people
are making. I did stick my neck out by suggesting to my MP (amongst
other things) that a one-line script could have transferred the
selection of data that was wanted in the last fiasco securely and that
the insecurity of MS systems might have led staff to think sending dvds
was the most secure option! He forwarded it to the Minster!

I wonder if repeated pin pricks in favour of G/L might eventually win
the day. But in the end it needs groups of G/L experts working as
companies to be noticed. How many such companies big enough to be
noticed and carry out larger scale work for such as Government are there
in the UK. How are the Dutch Government doing it?
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk