Re: [LUG] I can't believe it!

> I remember he once proposed that games programmers
> must first learn to write a playable game in less
> than 1k of memory before they are allowed to
> write for games sold to the public. :)

Ahh yes back in the days when newer software was expected to run
faster (!) "once the programmers had got used to the machine".  Minter
belongs in the "8/16 bit legend" hall of fame along with David Braben
& Ian Bell.

Anyone remember meteor storm for the speccy?  It was the first game I
can think of with sampled speech "meteor alert! meteor alert!",
although it sounded more like "peaches and cream" played through a
badly tuned transistor radio buried in the garden in a biscuit tin.

> And I'm not old enough to know the song, although
> I did find a version on YouTube sung by the Muppets...
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0JH0ZzjefE&feature=related

Oh no, now this thread has that rattling around in my head along with
"one wheel on my wagon" and "mouldy old dough".  Cheers lads :P :D