[LUG] Cassette recording software.

Just wondering if anyone has seen a 'hands off' recording software for the fat
and lazy?
I want to plug a cassette (or pre-amped record) into my pc sound card.
Click on a button on the PC, hit play on the cassette and wander off to my own
devices and return at a later date to find one side of the cassette recorded
without an overflowind hard disk full of silence.

On a similar vein has anyone seen DNR or similar software for cleaning up the
same recordings?

Tom te tom te tom