Re: [LUG] Small low power server

I've been using a couple of VIA MiniITX machines for a while now. The last one
was fanless and has been trouble free. It burns between 20 and 30W, depending
on what it is doing. I use Gentoo on these machines as Ubuntu (which I use on
everything else) will not work on the VIA chipset. I've got the second
machine up in Manchester. I can rsync to this as a cron job overnight, so
that all my data gets backed up off site. It is also very handy to ssh in
remotely.

These caught my eye recently, but I've not tried one.

http://www.mini-itx.com gave good service, though they did send the wrong RAM
chips first time, but replaced them.