Re: [LUG] Python OOP

On Thursday 29 November 2007 16:02, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> I have used several programming languages over many years. The most
> recent one is Python, which is the first to include OOP. I have tried
> ever so hard to get to grips with classes etc, but there must be a
> blind spot somewhere.
>
> I have tried several books and teaching sites on the internet. I still
> have problems, must be getting thicker in my old age.
>
> Does anyone have any favourite books, web sites etc which I might try
> to get my head round this please? There must be one out there somewhere
> which will cause it all to suddenly 'click'. (Or perhaps I am past
> hope.)
This may sound a bit cart/horsey but is there anything you like to/want to do
with programming?
I say this cos I 'learned' OOP cos I was doing graphics maniputlation at the
time and the OOP examples were blinders! I did it in 'early' C using 5 levels
of dereferencing with pointers and the reality of it leapt through all the
****object.value++; of the code.
Or in english: Your more likely to understand OOP when your not trying to
understand something else as well!
Tom te tom te tom