Re: [LUG] Debian Console Resolution

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:54:43 +0000
Henry Bremridge wrote:

> Each time I try to use the console, I am put off by the fact that it is too big:
> the screen looks like 640*480.
>
> I came across the suggestion to add vga=773 (for 1024*768) or vga=775 (for
> 1280*1024) to the kernel line in /boot/grub/menu.1st
>
> It seems to work
>
> If anyone has a better way of changing the terminal resolution (NOT under X) could
> they please let me know
>
> Many thanks

Hi Henry,

I've not tried it yet, but a quick "apt-cache search tty resolution" brought up
qingy... a replacement for *getty that used the framebuffer.  Certainly the website
(http://qingy.sf.net) shows that you can set the resolution as a command-line
parameter (in /etc/inittab).

Hope this helps.
Grant.