Re: [LUG] Myth TV on Debian

peter wrote:
> Hi
>
> What I have to sort out next is getting the Front End running on a
> remote computer.  I think a SQL "thing" is stopping me at the moment.
> That or finger trouble?

That ought to be fairly straightforward once you have mythtv built and
installed on the front end.  mythfrontend will look for a "mysql.txt"
file in various places (/usr/local/etc, ~/.mythtv ... ) which gives the
DB access details and a "LocalHostName", which is supposed to be unique
to each machine (so each can have different configurations if required).

Once that file is set up I think it should "just work".

James