Re: [LUG] The missing tax discs

On Friday 23 November 2007 15:36, Julian Hall wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
> > What you fail to realise is that there must have been a clause about
> > generating audit data in the original contract.
>
> You'd think so wouldn't you?  However, having been party to a situation
> where a manager 'negotiated' a clause with a client for a 'first time
> fix rate of 90%' in a technical support callcentre [1], I am not so
> assured that contracts contain all that they should, but I am fairly
> confident they do contain some things they shouldn't.  I agree such a
> clause *ought* to have been there, however I lack your confidence that
> it actually was.
I think you can put good money on there being somewhere in the bidding stuff
that states that auditing is part and parcel of the general operation of any
system. Finding it in the paperwork web would be another matter.
You can also put good money on EDS pretending it wasn't there - thats how they
make their money - they certainly don't make it writing software - not in
their domain.
Tom te tom te tom