Re: [LUG] Kubuntu 7.10

> Anthony Williams wrote:
>> I've recently upgraded kubuntu 7.04 (64-bit) to kubuntu 7.10 (64-bit).
>> Pretty
>> much everything works fine, except I can no longer play DVDs in
>> Kaffeine. xine crashes every time --- I get the same crash in every
>> xine-based
>> player. VLC works, but is too slow, so the display flickers (as always).
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Anthony
>
> Have you upgraded the w32codecs and DVD bits?

Synaptic package manager says everything is up-to-date.

> I wonder if the display flickering is a driver problem? (maybe not using
> the correct driver, I found Ubuntu 7.10 has an annoying habit on some
> machines of saying that the driver is incorrect which required manual
> modification of xorg.conf)

It may be. Something is taking too long, so you can see the frame
boundaries; it's entirely possible that I've got my drivers set up wrong,
as ATI drivers are notorious, but with 7.04 it "just worked" (with smooth
display) with Kaffeine, and with 7.10 it doesn't.

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Just Software Solutions Ltd - http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk