Re: [LUG] Penzance meeting

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 13:52 +0100, james kilty wrote:
> Dear all
>
> It would be good to know where any of you have managed to put out the
> poster I gave you a link to, to avoid duplication and wasted journeys.
>
> I'll be going a half hour early to set up and acclimatize and socialize
> on 28th. Anyone who can do so would be nmost welcome.
>
> I have been pleased with the response of various networks to carrying
> our publicity. Interesting that the current issue of LXF is exhorting
> LUGs to do similar things with advice we have mostly carried out. I will
> report the meeting to them.
>
> I am wondering what to do if too many turn up! We might ba able to take
> a dozen clients on at a time (15 maybe) with our 7 or 8 members in
> support. It will make close personal tuition possible. I am sure
> whatever happens we will have a good meeting and much coffee will be
> drunk.
>
> I have had almost no comments on my proposed handout so will go ahead
> with it after adding a section on help. I have had no response to my
> wish to make the webpages immediately relevant to the new user. Any
> thoughts?
> --
> james kilty
> http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk

Hi James,

I must have missed your email about web pages for new users. I think it
is a very good idea and would be happy to give you a hand with content.
I can certainly tell you about the things I had problems with at the
start. There are also things that you have to decide before you start
(such as whether to dual boot with Windows or not) that beginners may
need advice on.

Perhaps we can discuss further on Sunday.

regards

Viv