Re: [LUG] Fastest Vista Laptop is...

Rob Beard wrote:
> Simon Williams wrote:
>> Richard Brown wrote:
>>> Hi Guys
>>>
>>> Who builds the fastest vista laptop:
>>> <http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136649-page,3-c,notebooks/article.html>
>> Is the reason for that not simply that they had to install it manually
>> on the mac, and so didn't have any of the manufacturers bundled rubbish?
>>

> Quite possible, take it they didn't do fresh installs on all the machines.
>
> Rob

I was told by our PC support unit at TC that from January you won't be
able to get XP boxes from Dell, all units will be shipped with Vista. So
  far trials with Visa have required a machine with at least 2Gb RAM to
do anything (like..... cough... getting it to boot) + more for power
users and developers.

Is a total refit of the UK IT infrastructure  a good idea in our post
"sub prime mortgage" jitters economy ? Or is the US giants "solution" to
make the world spend more money in order to kick start the economy ?

Hey why should I care ? I'm sticking to GNU/Linux.

Tom.