Re: [LUG] bbc article

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 08:24:21PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> Laughable considering that American ISPs are willing to co-operate
> with their government in the illegal wiretap of their entire
> userbase and everyone they communicate with:
>
> http://www.eff.org/cases/att
>
> There's no reason why the same does not happen here either.

Different culture, different law. I believe under UK law all ISPs **have** to
provide MI5|6 with an internet feed for all emails.

There was a big fuss in 2000 with the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act: in a
quick google I could not find what the current law is

See http://www.vnunet.com/articles/print/2133163

--
Henry
Sat Oct 27 06:44:27 BST 2007