Re: [LUG] microsoft and facebook

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 06:33:32PM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > I will if they get more than what they have. Only 1.6% stake or something.
>
> I've lost track of social networking sites, isn't Facebook the one that
> asks for a copy of your address book on sign-up? As I seem to remember
> that is the point I closed my browser window on one of them, and never
> went back.
>
> I know how to network with those in my address book ;)

I think most of them do that nowadays. IIRC, when I used Farcebook
it regularly offered to find more of my friends that use it, when
it meant it wanted me to upload my addressbook. Unfortunately, I
don't think it understands Mutt aliases.

Personally, I take the position that if I'm incapable of keeping
in touch with my friends then no website is going to save me, no
matter how Web 2.0 it is.

--
Benjamin A'Lee :: bma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://subvert.org.uk/~bma/