Re: [LUG] openeducationcd

Quoting Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi
>
> I have downloaded the iso for the openeducationdisc,  and its respective
> md5sum file however I can't get it to verify,  it says its malformed,
> however the file seems to be an html file,  the same applies to the
> opendisc.md5 however this verifies fine,  there is a file size
> difference,  just wondered if anyone else has had similar problems,  or
> knows what the checksum is. so I can compare it that way.
>
> with ubuntu cd's the md5sums file is set out as checksum - filename,
> which seems logical,  I am not sure why the one for the open cd is full
> of html and seems to be about 24k in length.
>
> any ideas welcome
>
> thanks
>
> Paul

You'll need to extract the one line with the checksum on it, it'll be
something like the following:

2ee3634a2fcb3c04bf150ef215dec12e *openeducationcd.iso

If you take the one line and copy and paste it into a new file you can
then use this new file to verify the MD5SUMs.

(Note, I've grabbed a random MD5SUM from Google as an example, this
won't work on the ISO you've downloaded).

Other option is to click on the link to the MD5SUM file with the right
mouse button, select copy link and then paste it into a terminal
window and insert wget in front of it and then press enter.  This
should then use wget to download the file which you can then try and
compare it with.

Hope this helps.

Rob